- ThermaPEX® Tubing Bending Radii
- The minimum acceptable bending radius in accordance with ASTM F 877 is 6 times
the tubing outside diameter. Due to the unique flexibility of ThermaPEX® Tubing - as compared
to conventional PEX tubing, we allow a bending radius of 4 times the outside diameter.
The outside diameter is equal to the nominal size plus 1/8". Below table is a comparision
of minimum bending radii of PEX in accordance with ASTM and bending radii of ThermaPEX®
Tubing. There is also a listing of the corresponding center distances when exiting the
bend. Note that the actual center distances of the tubing in a radiant floor heating layout
can be made somewhat narrower by allowing a so called "pear shaped" bend.
- ThermaPEX® Tubing Thermal Conductivity
- The thermal conductivity of ThermaPEX® Tubing does not measurably differ from that of
other PEX tubing. It is 0.22 Btu / (h * ° F)
- ThermaPEX® Tubing Measurements
- ThermaPEX® Tubing is manufactured in accordance with ASTM F 876. See details of the
specification, below. Our control of measurements is second to none. Measurements are
supervised by NSF International 4 times per year.
- ThermaPEX® Tubing Ratings
- ThermaPEX® Tubing carries following ratings as issued by Plastic Pipe Institute:
73° F: 160 psi - 180° F: 100 psi - 200° F: 80 psi